In this Best Practices Guide we take a look at three key areas:
This guide is completely independent of the methodology, be that a waterfall or agile. While the names of deliverables can change between methodologies and organisations, the intent and content are common to any effective project.
- Effective governance is essential to ensure clear accountabilities and escalation procedures.
- All members of a project should be fully up to speed with a project’s governance.
- Having the right tools in place will help you to manage and track the project, plan resources, monitor budget and provide reporting to stakeholders.
- Project control tools help achieve quality expectations supporting issues, risks and change control procedures.
- Measurement starts from the beginning. If it’s not measured, how will you know whether a project is on track and whether the benefits have been realised.
- We cover the four key measures: date, cost, quality and scope.